Sunday, June 28, 2009

Books

I tried the "Spent" book, but I didn't like the greens powder and I hated the whey powder. My taste buds are a little sensitive. Oh well.

On to the next book.. actually, a return to a previous book. "The Power of Now". I had started reading it and enjoyed it, but thought my husband could use it, so I let him read it first. The book was read a little and then neglected, so here I am. Picking it up again.

I feel like I need something. My group was physically moved during my leave and I am not enjoying my new environment. There are stories of teenagers targetting people who work in the same company that I do. I'm hearing a lot about muggings in every direction. It's gotten me worried.

I've been having a lot of headaches since my return to work. The new environment, the loss of closeness within my team, the muggings, the lack of safe parking, the women on the bus who bathe themselves in perfume... and too much sugar from the stress..not a good combination.

I hope that everything calms down soon. I can't take the headaches much longer. I've got a bunch of Tylenol3's sitting in my drawer at work, in case the headaches get severe. So far, my cocktail of advil and Tylenol seem to be holding things together. Thank goodness I have a nanny. There have been a couple of days where I've come home with a raging headache and all I can do is say hi to the kids and then take a nap.

The first week, I took 3 naps. The second week, 2 naps. Hopefully this next week will result in 1 or no naps. Hopefully.

The good news is that I can ride my bike. There's a small section that feels treacherous, but the majority of the ride is nice. Lots of hills, so it's relaxing in a different way.

No comments: