Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hot yoga and other news

It's been busy since I've returned to work. The kids are growing more each day. Last week, my 2 1/2 year old went an entire day without diapers. It's quite the feat for someone who showed no interests in potty training.

I started hot yoga. It took 3 classes before I was able to make it through an entire class. It's still gruelling and I didn't make it through today's class because I didn't get enough sleep last night, but it's been amazing. My achy body is a lot less achy after the yoga class and it's even better if I can get out more often. I go to the early yoga classes, so if I'm awake at 5am, I'll head in. I'm feeling better about my body and it's looking better.. Or maybe that's just my perception.

Even on the best of days, I don't like the class. The heat is terrible, the humidity makes you sweat even when you're lying down doing nothing except trying to take your mind off the heat. There are moments of panic as I lie there, before the class starts, when I just want to escape the heat. I don't like heat but I'm learning to tolerate it better. I have a keen sense of smell, which isn't so good when there's a roomful of people in 36 degree temperatures. But once the class starts, I'm in such discomfort that I forget about the heat and hardly notice the stench that makes me feel like gagging. On a good day, my mind can stay with the class and I get a good physical work out. On bad days, I get a great mental workout as I try to stay with the poses and try to not let my mind get overly negative. It's interestig to say the least.

The nanny is working out well. The worst part so far, has been when my daughter got hurt and went to the nanny instead of me. It was bound to happen and just means that she's doing a great job caring for and caing about them.

My job is a little uncertain. We will have to wait and see what happens. No updates just yet. I had another one of those, "We hate your employer" moment when I met my friend's finace's family. Whatever.. All corporations suck, but I do what I can.

Other than that, all has been well.. I have a charmed life and everything just works out somehow.

No comments: